If I had Just One Wish

If I had just one wish that could come true,
     I'd wish upon the morning's brightest star.
That God would hear the words I pray for you,
     And smile on you to bless you where you are.

I'd wish upon the morning's brightest star,
     For peace within your softly heaving breast.
And smile on you to bless you where you are,
     It's in your heart my spirit finds its rest.

For peace within your softly heaving breast,
     Where beats the heart of one who's dear to me.
It's in your heart my spirit finds its rest,
     There we abide in synchronicity.

Where beats the heart of one who's dear to me,
     Resplendent with the sunsets gilded sighs.
There we abide in synchronicity,
     Delighting in the world between our eyes.

Resplendent with the sunset gilded sighs,
     That God would hear the words I pray for you.
Delighting in the world between our eyes,
     If I had just one wish that could come true.

Garry Spooner
© 2017

Popular posts from this blog

Word Prompt - Hush

Hush Sweet Angel ...

Poseidon's Gift